Echo Personnel are recruiting for a Shift Leader to join their client based in Corby.
To lead, manage and motivate a team of associates to achieve business goals; through focusing on continuous improvement, quality and attention to detail. To plan and manage customer requirements whilst focusing on financial targets and staff development, optimising service
Maintain and ensure all company policies are adhered to and be responsible for your teams to do the same.
Lead a team of first line managers to ensure they are effective leaders and act in line with policy, employment law regulations and leadership fundamentals
Ensure health and safety standards are achieved on an on-going basis and actively promote individual responsibility for health and safety.
Recruit exceptional people into the business and then develop colleagues through, using succession planning for the future
Build and maintain strong mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers, service providers, customers and colleagues.
Maintain all aspects of stock integrity and ensure ownership of activities and resolutions
Ensure operating procedures and processes meet quality requirements and support performance improvement objectives; taking into account the need to respond to volume fluctuations and changes in business and customer needs.
Manage and plan for operational requirements against forecast and demand
Liaise with key stakeholders to resolve problems and maintain partnership relationships
To proactively identify and lead initiatives to drive continuous improvement within own department and projects assigned to the role holder. Ensuring systemic housekeeping checks are in place so that the team have a sign off to manage any manual intervention.
To proactively identify areas for team and individual performance improvement and then to coach and lead the team and individuals to improve performance. Ensuring root cause always takes place
Develop and maintain close working relationships with other team leaders and departments for the purpose of achieving performance improvements
- A’ Level standard or equivalent required with relevant degree would be an advantage (but not prerequisite)
- Extensive experience within a retail logistics operation
- Experience within a high volume fast moving environment
- Continuous improvement – proven capability of process design, process improvement
- Sound understanding of Health & Safety legislation
- Sound understanding of environmental regulations
- Extensive people management experience
- Proven experience of training and motivating a large team to achieve their goals
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Proven ability to adapt and change rapidly
- Highly customer focused
- Knowledge of Warehouse/ Distribution or Manufacturing best practices
- Excellent knowledge of at least one area of the following:
- Warehouse/inventory systems; Wizard, E1, Linx
- Detailed analysis of performance, operational planning, report creation, business case creation, financial management
- Fully PC literate, advanced excel skills
To apply please send your CV to Erin at email@example.com.
Echo Personnel are currently recruiting for a Senior Office Administrator for a client based in Corby.
Our client has an opening for a full time Senior Office Adminstrator to be based at their Corby office.
The ideal candidate must have the following attributes:
- Flexible with the ability to work within a small organisation
- Good IT skills including use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Attention to detail essential
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan your own work and work on your own initiative with minimal supervision
- The ability to manage pressure, conflicting demands and priorities tasks/ workload to meet deadlines
- The ability to accept and understand instructions
- Oral and written communication skills
- A pleasant, confident telephone manner
- Reliability and honesty
The role will include but is not limited to;
- Preparation of quotations, order acknowledgements, reports, etc. under the direction of the MD
- Updating all customer records
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data governance as part of GDPR
- Filing of customer records
- preparation of technical files in relation to the machinery supplied and finalisation of manuals and all relevant documentation
- Responsible for management of external contractors i.e. Security systems, telephone system, copying equipment etc.
- Responsibility of IT related matters by liaising with our external support company
- Making appointments of the MD, arranging travel and accommodation, of required
- Covering for members of staff in other departments in the event of holidays/illness
To apply please send your CV to Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01536 680527.
Echo Personnel are currently recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Engineer to join their busy manufacturing client based in Kettering.
Role: Multi-Skilled Engineer
Shifts: 3 Shift rotating system, 6-2 days, 2-10 backs and 10-6 nights
Our client are looking to candidates with the following key attributes:
- Electrical biased Engineer with relevant qualifications to engineering
- Able to work 3 shift system from Sunday – Friday (Depending on Shift)
- Has a good work ethic with common sense diagnostic mindset
- Read & interprets Electrical & Mechanical drawings
- Time served qualifications & training records to be provided
- PLC knowledge including fault finding & replacement
- SCADA & computer controlled systems knowledge
- Servo Drive & Controls training / knowledge
- AC & DC digital drives training / knowledge
- Mechanical training including fabrication / welding & machine maintenance
- A good communicator verbally & written
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com or call 01536 680527 for more information.
Echo Personnel are recruiting for a Production Segment Manager for a well-established manufacturing business based in Wellingborough.
Position Title: Welding Segment Manager
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 (Depending on experience)
Hours: 07:00am – 16:15pm hours – Monday to Thursday & 07:00am – 12:00pm
Reports to: Production Manager & Operations Director
This role would suit someone who has been a Supervisor, Team Leader, Chargehand or similar. Good communication and team leadership, as well as extensive knowledge of TIG welding are essential for this role.
- Day to day management of a large multi-disciplined welding team using both the MIG and TIG welding processes.
- Creation, delivery and execution of detailed welding plans against a variable demand.
- Scheduling of rush orders as defined by the planning department to meet accelerated delivery schedules / requests.
- Welding resource compliance to approvals / coding and assisting the engineering team with prolongations.
- Welding team compliance to approved welding techniques, methods and procedures.
- Achievement of all segment / company KPI’s as defined by senior management
- Management and execution of all aspects of team quality and delivery performance achievement via proven techniques such as CI / 8D / PDCA.
- Actively participate in departmental meetings
- Personnel management of all segment team members including but not confined to, personal development, disciplinary and grievances in close cooperation with Human Resources and Production Manager.
- Ensure segment team member training needs are identified, managed effectively and that training records are updated in line with company procedures.
- Facilitate the development of staff within the welding segment to deliver the highest levels of team agility.
- Support the development of the individuals or teams to create an environment in which excellence flourishes.
- Supervise, mentor and assist in training of any new staff within segment, on a one to one basis if required.
- Maintaining of the highest levels of health, safety and welfare of self, staff and visitors.
Job Related aptitudes
- Quality orientated with excellent attention to detail.
- High standard of computer literacy incl. standard MS packages and ERP systems.
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent people management & development skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to excel under pressure.
- Highly self-motivated and career minded.
- “Can Do” attitude
- Hands on personality
- High level of flexibility and able to commit to short notice availability.
- Natural leader able to motivate at any level.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to drive individuals and teams.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01536 680527
Echo Personnel are currently recruiting for a Engineer based in Wellingborough for one of our well established manufacturing clients.
Salary: Up to £43k
To maintain the operational performance of all site machinery and plant whilst ensuring a safe working environment together with meeting business KPI’s by reducing downtime and rejects and maximising product efficiency and quality.
- Portray a positive image of the company and its values in a professional manner at all times.
- Effective maintenance of plant and machinery including the installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Set up, fault finding and repairs to all production machinery, support services and auxiliary plant
- Operation and set up of PPM routines.
- Effective team work, communication and co-operation with all other internal departments.
- Maintenance of engineering workshop, equipment and services including routine housekeeping and administrative duties.
- Perform regular rounds of the site and equipment, identifying and reporting defects and issues that affect the structure or reliability of the facility.
- Attend training as directed
- Training and coaching production staff to operate, problem solve and carry out routine maintenance.
- Maintain comprehensive records of maintenance, defects, performance and corrective actions
- Administer spare part use ensuring that spares and materials are accounted for to specific jobs/tasks. Account for and order when necessary all engineering consumable items
- Maintain engineering database, records and documentation in order, ensuring that information is recorded correctly and that manuals drawings and logs are administered correctly
- Promote continuous improvement and take a vigilant approach to identifying and solving problems following a logical thought process.
- Support the development of an environment where all the engineering team feel a sense of responsibility for improving the overall team performance.
- Be actively involved with the operations team to adhere to company standards and procedures on quality, hygiene and health and safety.
- Manage timing of preventative work to suit with production needs.
- Any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Adhere to all company rules and procedures, paying particular attention to health and safety.
Relevant qualification in Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
Knowledge & Experience.
- Performed defect and planned maintenance.
- Worked as part of an established engineering team carrying out similar duties to job specification
- Electrical / mechanical cross trained
- Food production experience
- Awareness of Health and Safety and other relevant legislation
- Detailed knowledge of planned maintenance routine
- Fault finding methodologie
- Use of diagnostic tools
- General engineering methodologies
- Able to work shifts
- Able to work under own initiative
- Self-motivated and proactive approach to work
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com or call 01536 680527.
Echo Personnel are currently recruiting for a Site Services Engineer based in Wellingborough for a well established manufacturing business.
Role: Site Service Engineer
Salary: £25,000 – £29,000 p/a.
In the role of Site Services Engineer you will work independently and as part of the winder engineering tea, to maintain the fabric of the building to consistently high standard, through planned and reactive maintenance across a variety of trades.
You will support other members of the Engineering Team and will ensure that all machinery, plant, equipment, site structures, car parks, utilities and landscapes are, at all times, in good working order and of high standard of repair.
- To carry out daily maintenance within set budgets and across a variety of trades. This will include planned and reactive maintenance, keeping accurate maintenance logs and records.
- Ensuring work is carried out to the highest possible standards in a clean and orderly manner across the whole of the site.
- To ensure that all machinery and equipment complies with the Health and Safety regulations and that all maintenance in carried out using Safe Systems of Work.
- Support Engineers when attending breakdowns – ensuring that there is always a rapid response and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised. Always endeavour to reduce downtime of site plant and machinery.
- Undertaking unsupervised maintenance tasks ensuring all procedures are followed.
- Carrying out maintenance or supporting engineers in Low Risk, High Care and High Risk environments, always adhering to Technical procedures and Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP)
- To keep an inventory of spares on site and to maintain a stock at a reasonable limit and within budget.
- To liaise effectively with, and supervise all external maintenance contractors and ensure that they follow Health and Safety standards.
- Carry out regular and routine site checks including plant rooms, all site structures, car parks and landscape to assess for damage. Carry out routine repairs as required within the remit of your role, or escalate appropriately as required.
- Responsible for adherence to H&S policy, procedure and targets. Ensures all Health and Safety standards are met and drives Health and Safety standards
- Ensure that appropriate PPE is worn at all times.
- Provide good reporting and communication between Production, the Engineering team, and Engineering management, as appropriate.
- Perform any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Semi skilled experience across a variety of trades.
- Ability to use power and hand tools, hand drills, electric meters, and hoisting equipment.
- Must be PC literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong communicator bother verbally and written.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety.
- Flexible, Team player, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good organisational skills, able to plan personal workload.
- Time Management – Meeting deadlines
- Experience working in Food Manufacturing or similar environment highly desirable.
- Has a proactive approach identifying cases where repair is needed, a commitment to continuous improvement, and personal development.
- Possesses the knowledge, discipline and initiative to work alone.
- Practical attitude.
- Drives Health and Safety Culture.
- Applies a team approach to engineering issues.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/manuals.
- A logical and flexible approach to working.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and is proactive in driving through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Possess excellent decision making skills.
- Comfortable working in factory, office and outdoor environments.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01536 680527.
Amazing opportunity for a keen Warehouse/ Despatch Operative to join a busy and well-known Company based in Kettering.
Previous Despatch/ Warehouse pick experience is required.
Driving license would be an advantage.
Monday to Friday
08:00am – 17:00pm
£8.21 to start going up to £8.50 after 12 weeks
If you want to be a part of a great team and work with one of the most recognisable brands call our Kettering office today!
Please apply via this link or call 01536 485555
Echo personnel are looking for Machine Operators and Packers to join a busy team based in Kettering area.
Long term to ongoing work with possibility of immediate start.
Full training is provided.
06:00am – 14:00pm
14:00pm – 22:00pm
22:00pm – 06:00am
£9.00 goes up to £9.90 when you complete training as an operator
Overtime paid at time and a half.
Please apply via this advert or call the Kettering office on 01536 485555
Production Operatives Required!
You will be required to join a busy team based in Kettering.
Long term to ongoing work with immediate start possibility for right candidate.
Product operative experience preferred
Monday to Friday
08:00am – 17:00pm
Pay Rate: £8.21 to start with and £8.50 after 12 weeks.
Overtime paid at time and a half.
To apply please use this advert or contact our Kettering office on 01536 485555!