We are looking for a Tooling Specialist for a Corby company. This is a permanent position.
£13 to £15 per hour (£27-31k)
8.30am to 5pm Mon to Fri
The tooling specialist is responsible for the procurement, issuance, maintenance and organized storage of all tooling requirements for the assigned department.
- Preparing tools required for set-ups on all assigned production equipment.
- Order tools as required; obtain pricing from vendor and approval from supervisor, and acknowledgement date.
- Inspect tools received to ensure conformance to specification, reject nonconforming tools.
- Store all tools in an organized manner utilizing storage cabinets and shelf units if required.
- Proper tracking of all tools, whether in stock or in use at machines.
- Monitor all gauges and submit for calibration when due.
- Maintenance of tool drawing notebooks which facilitate easy retrieval by shop personnel.
- Operate within tooling budget guidelines.
- Inspect tools returned prior to storage, if rework/replacement is required, initiate it.
- Follow-up on all open tool orders with vendors on a regular basis to ensure that tools ordered are delivered on time. If necessary, obtain revised order date.
- Review schedule of upcoming jobs to assure that tools will be available for all production jobs as required.
- Ensure that up to date tool drawings are available to set-up mechanics as required.
- Provide input for establishing budget amounts for each category; review actual expenditures to stay within guidelines.
- Perform all other work as assigned by Manager.
- Minimize waste and conserve energy through reuse, recycling and following Environmental Management System practices.
- To shut down equipment that is not performing within capabilities.
- To bring to Supervisors notice products which do not conform to specification.
- The Tooling Specialist has the authority to stop shipment and stop production to correct quality problems, and identify their supervisor/manager immediately.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Tools are assembled in “KIT” form for all set-ups on all equipment. Tooling in “KIT” is complete. Mechanic does not need to change tools issued in “KIT”.
- Tools are ordered, tool request sheet is monitored daily; Tool orders are combined to insure cost effective purchases.
Please apply with your CV to: