We are recruiting Press Operators for our customer in Corby. These jobs are permanent.
£12 per hour (£24960)
7am – 3.30pm Mon to Fri
The Press Operator / Setter is to set the press within the standard times required and operate the machines as designated by the Manufacturing Manager to the company quality standard. The Press Operator / Setter should have a good mechanical aptitude, consistently display sound judgement, and the ability to problem solve on the machines. The position includes the loading of raw material, setting and operating of the machines within the assigned work group as designated by the Manufacturing Manager, consistent with the execution of the production plan. The setter should also be capable of performing basic maintenance tasks on the machines.
- To set and run presses within the standard times required for the product being produced.
- To follow the production schedule as assigned by the Manufacturing Manager.
- To comply with all the procedures and workmanship standards relevant to the production of product, including first and last off in process quality checks, and SPC requirements.
- The Press Setter / Operator is responsible for the quality of all product produced on the machines for which they have responsibility completing first off inspection and in process inspection, entering information on the appropriate documents.
- To resolve issues within their ability, including machine maintenance, notifying the Manufacturing Manager of any issues that they are unable to resolve in a timely manner.
- To maintain the work area to the highest possible standards of cleanliness and tidiness.
- To record all production data as required.
- To load and unload material into the press decoils for press operation.
- To load die sets into the press and adjust to meet the required dimensional and performance criteria of the product being produced.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested.
Performance measurements included in the process job descriptions apply as well as:
- Set ups completed within standard times
- Machines run at standard speeds
- Product produced conforms to workmanship standards
- Timely completion of all production batches, in line with the work schedule
- Conforms to all safety and EHS regulations.
Please send your CV to: