We are looking for Machine Operator’s for our Corby customer. The jobs are permanent.
£14.40 per hour (£29,952PA)
Range of benefits
2pm to 10pm (First 12 weeks training on day shift)
The Metal Forming Machine Operator is responsible for the operation and set up of simple parts on machines as assigned by the department supervisor. The Operator is responsible for the inspection of products being produced to assure conformance to all specifications and workmanship standards. The primary responsibility of the Operator is to take care of all operational aspects of Metal Forming as assigned, preparing machine for set-up, locating and moving material, in-process and last piece inspections, SPC data entry, and performing minor resets. As experience is gained, the Operator will be trained on basic set-ups of assigned machines including stripping tooling from previous jobs.
- Inspect product visually and dimensionally as they are being produced on assigned machines for conformity to specifications. Stop machine and inform Mechanic immediately when parts go out of tolerance, do not meet workmanship standards, or when out of control statistically. Keep defective parts/scrap for inspection
- Must learn in-process and last piece inspection and completes all required inspection forms.
- Prior to a new setup, the skilled Operator can removes all tools from the previous job, ready for the tool specialist to inspect and evaluate tooling condition. Collect and record SPC data at required intervals using specified data collector and/or NP charts as required.
- Locate, move, load, and feed new coils of material for machines as required.
- Empty scrap containers as required into proper receptacles.
- Keep mechanical portions of machine lubricated per maintenance specifications either manually or by checking that reservoirs are filled. Keep lubrication system properly filled.
- Keeps assigned area and machines clean, performs general housekeeping in assigned work area(s). This includes, but is not limited to, sweeping, mopping, and emptying trash containers.
- Clean out containers before using to avoid contamination of product and exercise caution in all phases of production to prevent contamination of product.
- Before performing any work on a machine or production job, the Operator will verify work order and product drawing for each production job assigned. Check raw material for proper size, type, and any obvious defects prior to using.
- Perform all operational maintenance on assigned machines in accordance with operation maintenance procedures.
- Evaluate in-process condition of assigned machines and tooling, and make adjustments as required. The Operator will seek the assistance of a Mechanic of a higher skill level when adjustments beyond his/her skill level are required.
- Perform basic setups on assigned machines and verify conformance to product quality specifications and workmanship standards.
- Promote continuous improvement by taking the initiative to identify issues and provide solutions with the goal of reducing cost and improving performance.
- Perform all other work as assigned by Supervisor.
- Maintain equipment in excellent condition to reduce negative environmental impacts.
- Minimize waste and conserve energy through reuse, recycling, and following Environmental Management System practices.
- Accurately reports production, scrap and material consumption per departmental procedures.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
Compliance with all Company policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations.
- Accurate collection and recording of SPC data.
Please send your CV to:
application closes on 12th Jan 2023