Echo Personnel are currently recruiting for a Site Services Engineer based in Wellingborough for a well established manufacturing business.
Role: Site Service Engineer
Salary: £25,000 – £29,000 p/a.
In the role of Site Services Engineer you will work independently and as part of the winder engineering tea, to maintain the fabric of the building to consistently high standard, through planned and reactive maintenance across a variety of trades.
You will support other members of the Engineering Team and will ensure that all machinery, plant, equipment, site structures, car parks, utilities and landscapes are, at all times, in good working order and of high standard of repair.
- To carry out daily maintenance within set budgets and across a variety of trades. This will include planned and reactive maintenance, keeping accurate maintenance logs and records.
- Ensuring work is carried out to the highest possible standards in a clean and orderly manner across the whole of the site.
- To ensure that all machinery and equipment complies with the Health and Safety regulations and that all maintenance in carried out using Safe Systems of Work.
- Support Engineers when attending breakdowns – ensuring that there is always a rapid response and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised. Always endeavour to reduce downtime of site plant and machinery.
- Undertaking unsupervised maintenance tasks ensuring all procedures are followed.
- Carrying out maintenance or supporting engineers in Low Risk, High Care and High Risk environments, always adhering to Technical procedures and Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP)
- To keep an inventory of spares on site and to maintain a stock at a reasonable limit and within budget.
- To liaise effectively with, and supervise all external maintenance contractors and ensure that they follow Health and Safety standards.
- Carry out regular and routine site checks including plant rooms, all site structures, car parks and landscape to assess for damage. Carry out routine repairs as required within the remit of your role, or escalate appropriately as required.
- Responsible for adherence to H&S policy, procedure and targets. Ensures all Health and Safety standards are met and drives Health and Safety standards
- Ensure that appropriate PPE is worn at all times.
- Provide good reporting and communication between Production, the Engineering team, and Engineering management, as appropriate.
- Perform any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Semi skilled experience across a variety of trades.
- Ability to use power and hand tools, hand drills, electric meters, and hoisting equipment.
- Must be PC literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong communicator bother verbally and written.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety.
- Flexible, Team player, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good organisational skills, able to plan personal workload.
- Time Management – Meeting deadlines
- Experience working in Food Manufacturing or similar environment highly desirable.
- Has a proactive approach identifying cases where repair is needed, a commitment to continuous improvement, and personal development.
- Possesses the knowledge, discipline and initiative to work alone.
- Practical attitude.
- Drives Health and Safety Culture.
- Applies a team approach to engineering issues.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/manuals.
- A logical and flexible approach to working.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and is proactive in driving through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Possess excellent decision making skills.
- Comfortable working in factory, office and outdoor environments.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com or call 01536 680527.
Note: Map illustrates the general area and not an exact location