Echo Personnel are recruiting for a Shift Leader to join their client based in Corby.
To lead, manage and motivate a team of associates to achieve business goals; through focusing on continuous improvement, quality and attention to detail. To plan and manage customer requirements whilst focusing on financial targets and staff development, optimising service
Maintain and ensure all company policies are adhered to and be responsible for your teams to do the same.
Lead a team of first line managers to ensure they are effective leaders and act in line with policy, employment law regulations and leadership fundamentals
Ensure health and safety standards are achieved on an on-going basis and actively promote individual responsibility for health and safety.
Recruit exceptional people into the business and then develop colleagues through, using succession planning for the future
Build and maintain strong mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers, service providers, customers and colleagues.
Maintain all aspects of stock integrity and ensure ownership of activities and resolutions
Ensure operating procedures and processes meet quality requirements and support performance improvement objectives; taking into account the need to respond to volume fluctuations and changes in business and customer needs.
Manage and plan for operational requirements against forecast and demand
Liaise with key stakeholders to resolve problems and maintain partnership relationships
To proactively identify and lead initiatives to drive continuous improvement within own department and projects assigned to the role holder. Ensuring systemic housekeeping checks are in place so that the team have a sign off to manage any manual intervention.
To proactively identify areas for team and individual performance improvement and then to coach and lead the team and individuals to improve performance. Ensuring root cause always takes place
Develop and maintain close working relationships with other team leaders and departments for the purpose of achieving performance improvements
- A’ Level standard or equivalent required with relevant degree would be an advantage (but not prerequisite)
- Extensive experience within a retail logistics operation
- Experience within a high volume fast moving environment
- Continuous improvement – proven capability of process design, process improvement
- Sound understanding of Health & Safety legislation
- Sound understanding of environmental regulations
- Extensive people management experience
- Proven experience of training and motivating a large team to achieve their goals
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Proven ability to adapt and change rapidly
- Highly customer focused
- Knowledge of Warehouse/ Distribution or Manufacturing best practices
- Excellent knowledge of at least one area of the following:
- Warehouse/inventory systems; Wizard, E1, Linx
- Detailed analysis of performance, operational planning, report creation, business case creation, financial management
- Fully PC literate, advanced excel skills
To apply please send your CV to Erin at email@example.com.