If you’re highly driven and have excellent knowledge of warehousing and clothes processing, this could be the perfect role for you!
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Manager to join their Operations team based in Corby. The successful candidate will be join them on a full time permanent basis and in return will receive a competitive salary.
Our client are a forward thinking and dynamic logistics business with an enviable reputation for growth, customer service and innovation. They operate from multiple UK locations and supply their customers with end-to-end supply chain solutions including freight forwarding, contract logistics, value added services and UK distribution.
This Operations Manager role will be integral to the organisation and efficient running of the Operations department including Warehouse, Input, Despatch, Processing, Picking/Packing, Flat and QC.
Duties and responsibilities of our Operations Manager:
– Maintain a safe working environment at all times, ensure that the management of Health and Safety is accorded a high priority
– Day to day responsibility for all direct costs in Operations as part of the daily P&L
– Lead and people manage the Operations Supervisory team.
– Responsible for the control of stock and Warehouse queries in the Operations area
– Manage planning and production processes, machine and people utilisation in accordance with company standards and values
– Manage admin and account management teams
– Develop, implement and review Standard Operating Procedures for all operations within the remit of the role.
– Maintain high standards of quality and compliance with relevant standards – ISO 9001./BRC
– Lead and support the management of the people resources in the Operations team
– Monitor continuously and report regularly the performance of the Operations function to set KPI’s
– Liaise with other departments within the site / group to promote best practice
– Achieve operational excellence in all areas of responsibility
Our Operations Manager must have the following skills and experience:
– Enthusiastic and self-driven
– Embraces change
– Focused on achieving KPI’S
– Good leadership and influencing skills
– Creates a dynamic and hi performance work place environment
– Develops others through coaching interventions
– Analytical, organisational and motivational skills
– Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
– Good people management, leadership and influencing skills
– Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
– A high level of detail consciousness, accuracy and timeliness
– Able to develop others through coaching interventions
– An excellent functional knowledge of warehousing and clothes processing
– A good knowledge of Health and Safety in a warehouse and distribution environment
– Knowledge of Lean Sigma manufacturing
– A good knowledge of Microsoft, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Warehouse management systems scanner
This is a physically demanding role which requires standing for long periods of time.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org