Multi-Skilled Electrical Service Engineer
Echo Personnel are recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Engineer for their client based in Corby.
Location: Corby (but with UK and Ireland travelling also some travelling to the factories in Bologna, Italy for training)
Working hrs: Dependant on whether off site working at customers site or based in Corby.
Based in Corby: Monday to Friday day (8.30am till 5pm (Monday to Thursday) 8.30am till 3.45pm Friday)
We are ideally looking for a candidate who have completed both electrical and mechanical engineering training and can demonstrably experience of working on a variety of mechanical and electrical systems including PLC programming.
The candidate should ideally be electrically qualified up to 18th edition, have a City and Guilds NVQ level 3 or equivalent. PLC programming experience is essential.
Additional training will be provided specifically on the CAM range of equipment, this would involve visits to the manufacturer’s facility in Bologna, Italy.
External working at our customers premises will be required; therefore, a full clean drive licence is essential.
Due to the industry sectors that our client work in they need to be made aware of any allergies, i.e. nuts, penicillin.
Knowledge skills & experience:
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent, with a minimum of NVQ Level 3 electrical and mechanical
- Basic workshop skills
- Ability to fault find & rectify
- Ability to read electrical drawings and produce them on AutoCAD
- Good communication skills (written, verbal & computer literacy)
- Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards & regulations, IOSH trained desirable but not a necessity
- 18th Edition desirable 17th Edition essential
- PLC programming experience essential
- Servo Drive & Controls training / knowledge
- AC & DC digital drives training / knowledge
- Previous experience working on packaging machinery would be advantageous
- Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs to packaging equipment
- Experience in delivering Customer Care and being focused on the support and needs of the client
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Enthusiastic, ‘hands on, can do’ approach, willing to pitch in and help. Irrespective of the works
- Self-motivated team member with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadline.
Apply today and don’t miss out on this great opportunity.