To ensure that all materials are ordered and effectively managed within the required timescales meeting internal and external requirements. The person will work with suppliers and cross functionally with Warehouse, Procurement and Logistics departments to ensure timely delivery of incoming products.
- Responsible for purchasing longer lead time products, working closely with the supply chain manager and strategic sourcing
- Analysis of all supply chain KPIs
- Ensuring sufficient inventory of materials and services to meet customer and business needs
- Coordinate deliveries of orders to ensure timely delivery of materials to site meeting specification.
- Weekly and monthly reporting
- Support and ensure stock accuracy and transactional precision within operations and business systems data. Assist investigating raw material variances and actions to correct data.
- Monitoring and reporting of Slow and Obsolete Materials.
- Manage Sub-Contract activities effectively, placing orders and expediting orders through all sub-contract processes. Responsible for third party packaging planning when required
- Work closely with offer manager to forecast levels of demand for materials and services to meet customer and business needs, holding minimum inventory; adjusting as appropriate in reaction to changes in demand
- Work closely with the Sourcing function regarding negotiating supply agreements to service business objectives
- Monitoring Supplier performance and progress, measuring the quality of service provided and ensuring materials and services are delivered in full, on time and to specification
- Analyse existing processes and KPIs, Inc OTD (on time deliveries) supporting improvements and implement actions
- Managing any operation/delivery plans we get from customers
- Promoting the desired business culture, business ethics and business initiative
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Other duties as reasonably assigned by your Manager
Job Context/ Key Challenges
- Act as focal point for the materials replenishment process on site, ensuring we balance inventory requirements with space constraints.
- Supporting the improvement of OTD and service levels to drive customer satisfaction and generate value
- Supporting systems development including MRP and PO suggestions reporting, safety stock levels, max/min/required stock levels, subcontracting.
- Undertake regular supplier development and vendor rating to drive service improvement and provide a measure for the quality of service provided.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous Material Management Experience, particularly within a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of Inventory Control processes.
· Good knowledge and solid experience working in a materials control environment using MRP system transactions.
- IT literate. Must have basic MS skills, ideally advanced Excel.
- Strong planning and organizations skills
- Excellent clear communicator with a high level of numeracy and literacy in English.
- Good knowledge and solid experience working in a materials control environment using MRP system transactions.
Based in Wellingborough
Annual appraisals to be undertaken by Line Manager and objectives set for the forthcoming year.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation from time to time
Health and Safety
All employees have a duty to take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by specific actions at work.
Employees must co-operate with the company on all aspects of Health and Safety to meet the legal requirements as outlined in the company H&S policy and procedures.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Note: Map illustrates the general area and not an exact location