Welding Segment Manager
Echo Personnel are recruiting for a Production Segment Manager for a well-established manufacturing business based in Wellingborough.
Position Title: Welding Segment Manager
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 (Depending on experience)
Hours: 07:00am – 16:15pm hours – Monday to Thursday & 07:00am – 12:00pm
Reports to: Production Manager & Operations Director
This role would suit someone who has been a Supervisor, Team Leader, Chargehand or similar. Good communication and team leadership, as well as extensive knowledge of TIG welding are essential for this role.
- Day to day management of a large multi-disciplined welding team using both the MIG and TIG welding processes.
- Creation, delivery and execution of detailed welding plans against a variable demand.
- Scheduling of rush orders as defined by the planning department to meet accelerated delivery schedules / requests.
- Welding resource compliance to approvals / coding and assisting the engineering team with prolongations.
- Welding team compliance to approved welding techniques, methods and procedures.
- Achievement of all segment / company KPI’s as defined by senior management
- Management and execution of all aspects of team quality and delivery performance achievement via proven techniques such as CI / 8D / PDCA.
- Actively participate in departmental meetings
- Personnel management of all segment team members including but not confined to, personal development, disciplinary and grievances in close cooperation with Human Resources and Production Manager.
- Ensure segment team member training needs are identified, managed effectively and that training records are updated in line with company procedures.
- Facilitate the development of staff within the welding segment to deliver the highest levels of team agility.
- Support the development of the individuals or teams to create an environment in which excellence flourishes.
- Supervise, mentor and assist in training of any new staff within segment, on a one to one basis if required.
- Maintaining of the highest levels of health, safety and welfare of self, staff and visitors.
Job Related aptitudes
- Quality orientated with excellent attention to detail.
- High standard of computer literacy incl. standard MS packages and ERP systems.
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent people management & development skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to excel under pressure.
- Highly self-motivated and career minded.
- “Can Do” attitude
- Hands on personality
- High level of flexibility and able to commit to short notice availability.
- Natural leader able to motivate at any level.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to drive individuals and teams.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com or call 01536 680527