- Job Type: Full Time
- Shifts: Monday - Friday
- Contract: Perm
- Closing Date: February 20, 2019
Our client is a young, fast growing, global award-winning craft gin distillery producing small batch artisan gin, based in Harrington, Northamptonshire. We are looking for an organised, energetic and inspiring individual to join our team and help fuel our phenomenal growth!
You have a passion for quality British spirits with a natural spike in planning, project management and relationship building. Positive, confident and articulate, you will thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. You are organised and structured, a great communicator with the ambition and drive to work hard, push boundaries and deliver brilliant work. No two days are the same, so you’ll need a can-do attitude, a willingness to muck in and a sense of humour!
Reporting directly to the Marketing Director, this role is all about planning and executing our events strategy, taking on the (fantastic!) work that has been done and making it better. In 2018 we participated in around 40 events, from local Gin Festivals all the way up to the world-famous Chelsea Flower Show (where we won a Silver Medal for our garden!). 2019 will be even bigger, and therefore the need to build a strategy, plan brilliantly, manage the resource required to deliver and execute with precision is paramount. This is where our brand meets the consumer, so there is nothing more important for our business than showing up consistently in the right way.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an extremely ambitious team and help us on our mission to save the world from mediocre gin, so if this sounds like something that gets you springing out of bed in the morning, please get in touch and let’s have a chat!
- Owns clients Events, start to finish, top to bottom. From strategy to execution to evaluation, and everything in between.
- Must be equally comfortable with running an event alone, and everything that is required to do that (loading the van, setting up the stand, running the event, dismantling the stand, packing up and returning the vehicle) as managing a multi-dimensional and highly complex event (like Chelsea Flower Show)
- Strong commercial acumen, knowing when to say yes & no, and an ability to negotiate contracts to ensure that we are always getting the biggest bang for our buck
- Hands-on management of agencies and other 3rd parties involved in the delivery of the strategy.
- Build a team of Gin Reservists to support the execution of the plan.
- Ability to sell the brand through direct consumer engagement at events.
- Budget management and the ability to measure and evaluate the success of our activations, constantly looking to make improvements and drive efficiencies.
Critical Success Factors:
- Over 8 years’ experience as in Venue/ Events/ Project Management.
- Bartending/ hospitality experience preferred.
- Natural relationship builder and team player.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills. Attention to detail a must!
- Ability to multitask, operate effectively under pressure and prioritise daily workload.
- Understanding of brands and the role that events plays in building the clients brand.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Be prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ and have fun doing it.
Note: Map illustrates the general area and not an exact location